Thursday, June 22, 2006

Meet the Contestants who will Chain Themselves to Doghouses

Man, how can this not be the greatest contest ever? I know I'm biased and all...but still. No one has EVER had a contest like this...yes, the prize is the same as many contests, but that's because you have to go that big to attract contestants.

Go to the site at http://www.dogsdeservebetter.org/chainoff2006pa.html to 'meet' the contestants. We have 8 from PA, and 1 from New York, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, and South Carolina. We're also holding a People's Choice Award Winner, who will win a $200 gift certificate to the online store of their choice...whoever gets the most votes will win the award. Each vote is $1, as we're a nonprofit and we need to fundraise, but hey, what's $1 to vote for someone, AND it goes for a good cause too!

So mosey on over and take a look. I also will be chained for 3 days, independently of the contest. So far I'm so busy I haven't had time to stress about that, but I'm sure it won't be fun. The last two years when I did 33 hours, it really stunk...now I'm more than doubling that, don't know what I was thinking!

I took Connie's advice and got Yoga Booty Ballet...and they sent extra dvd's too. So I'm making sure I exercise every day now, and taking time for ME, which I've seriously neglected the last few years, and it shows. Trying to build the org really took over my life, and I need to realize that if I don't take care of myself, I will either self-destruct or be too unhappy to even run the org effectively, so it must be done! And I feel better already...thanks, Connie.

No comments: