Friday, December 14, 2007

I Was Found Guilty

I wanted you to hear it from me before you heard it from anyone else. Today at 5:00 p.m. EST I was convicted of theft and receiving stolen property in a Blair County, PA courtroom.

I'm sure I will have much more to say about this at a future date. For now I need a day or two to mourn and then begin to pick up my pieces and move on.

Please realize this is just a bump in my road, and I will not stop working for chained and penned dogs. I hope those of you who are on this list as supporters will stay with me...but I need you still believe in me and the work I've done to free dogs from lives of hell on the end of chains. To still believe in us and the differences we are beginning to make in the lives of chained dogs.

A very special thank you to the wonderful angels at Best Friends in Utah. They stood behind me, and I know they took flack for it. You are special people, and I am honored and touched to know you.

For all the rest of you who gave your time and energy to help me in my case, my deepest gratitude. You touch my heart.

For you, Doogie. May you rest in peace, knowing you were loved and cared for. Tammy

5 comments:

Handipets Haven said...

Tammy, I'm sorry to hear you were found guilty. I think it's wrong...so very wrong. You still have our support!

Jan Price said...

Tammy,

Such a sad verdict. I hope this won't mean jail time.

And, of course, nothing will ever be done to Doogie's original owners for letting him lie there and suffer.

Jan

Anonymous said...

Tammy do not give up hope. Only good will come out of this!

We will not give up on you or Doogie's case. You have a lot of internet friends and we are putting our heads together to see what can be done. There are a lot of people out there that are smarter than the idiots that convicted you, instead of finding the owners guilty of animal abuse and cruelty.

Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

This sucks. Tammy, you have my total support. They may have found you guilty but in my eyes you are the hero for Doogie. Hold your head up and know you have many many supporters. Doogie and all those you have helped are watching and will be able to thank you themselves later. Stay strong as I know you are and don't let ignorant people bring you down.

Anonymous said...

I'm not familiar with the laws in the United States.. is there no way you can appeal this? It doesn't seem to make much sense.