Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It's been Awhile: Here I come, Cancun!

How About Mel Gibson, huh? Wow, that's something. Funny thing about him, my mom and I always thought he was one of those 'perfect' men...good father, husband, funny, hot, and rich of course...and then after he made The Passion of Christ, my mom thought he could do no wrong! I actually was less impressed with him after that...not being one to enjoy watching the torture of a man for over 2 hours, like it's a good time...and since it pleased the Holier than Thou crowd made me want to run from the theatre. Well, that and did I mention the two hours of torture?

Anyway, all that aside, I've been happy to return to a 'normal life'...although my life has been far from normal since I started DDB. Normal for me now is trying to get A. the Maximum amount of work done in a day that I can amidst all the goofing off and e-mailing and other stuff...B. Get somewhere with DDB at every opportunity...C. Make enough money to pay the bills...and D. Still be a mother, a foster mother to dogs, keep a house clean enough to not walk away on it's own...and E. Fundraise enough to keep DDB going. No wonder I'm overweight!

I definitely do NOT take enough time for ME, and food is my usual solace. I want to change that in theory, but have a harder time getting there in practice.

To that end, I just charged a trip to Cancun for me, Rayne, and Brynnan...Oh, hallelujah! Yes, I'll be paying it off for awhile, but I'm tired of watching everyone around me take trips while I wallow in dog crap, no pun intended. You know, the best trip to take is to not have anyplace you NEED to go, and then you can look for trip specials and just book the cheapest thing that looks like the best for the money. That's what I did, anyway...so hopefully that is step 1 to giving a little more to myself. I don't know, though, still had two donuts today, dammit!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is Charlene Pedrolie the new executive director of NYCACC. You mention that she is a dog breeder. What kind does she breed?

Tamira Ci Thayne said...

Charlene Pedrolie is not a dog breeder, but she is no friend to DDB either...as it turns out. Don't get me started on her!