Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Typical Day in the Grimes Household

Well, my friend Connie gave a 'typical day' analysis, and I thought it was quite interesting to read, so thought I'd go ahead and post one too.

Many of my days start out differently and end differently these days, due to DDB obligations, booths, etc., but on a general, don't need to leave home day it goes like this (when I have the kids...)

If I'm not lucky and not smart I've had too much caffeine the day before, and I've been up from about 1:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m., such as was the case last night. I would have gotten up to work which I've been known to do when I can't sleep and lay there thinking of everything that needs done, but Rocky was sleeping on his new bed...the couch...and I knew it would wake him up. So I just tossed and turned, petted Tuna (my beloved grey kitty), who alternated between sleeping on my head and beside me, and the new foster dog, Chipper, who was totally sacked out next to me all night.

What a cutie he is, too! He looks like a sheltie/corgi mix. A bit of a funny mix, but he's got the corgi love for chasing balls, and the sheltie ability to calm down when needed. Don't know why anyone would ever chain out such a total sweetheart of a dog!

Chipper quickly got that if he was persistent he could sleep in bed next to mommy. This was only his second night here, and there he was totally sacked out next to me. (He did get a bath yesterday morning, so he smelled fresh at least) Makes me so sad to think of him out on a chain every night, and the first chance he got he snuggled right up to me like he'd been there his whole life. Dogs are so adaptable!

If I'm lucky and I actually get a decent night's sleep, I wake up when Rayne gets up to shower at 6:30. I'm a really light sleeper, the mommy in me...and then he comes in for a few minutes before he gets on the bus at 7:20 and hangs out with me, gives me hugs, we'll talk a bit. This usually wakes up the sleeping monster, Brynnan, beside me, where she's snuggled up to my left side. She will typically start complaining right away because there's some dog or other sleeping on her blanket, and she's cold, etc. And so the Brynnan day begins. But on a good Brynnan day, there is morning snuggles and love, and kisses, and a lot of "I love yous"...those days are the best!

After Rayne leaves Brynnan and I will often hang out in bed for awhile, hopefully talking and laughing, unless she needs to shower or bath. We have an hour until her bus comes, so we get dressed, I make her breakfast, pancakes are her favorite. I pack her a snack and then we get her to the bus. We'll often take a dog down the lane to the bus stop with us, I like to take different ones all the time so the kids wonder how many dogs we have, haha.

After she goes, I vacuum (Rocky's been doing this a lot lately as 'rent'), feed the cats and dogs, throw a load of laundry in, hopefully do at least the Great Buns Guaranteed dvd, shower, and sit down to work. DDB e-mails frequently take at least an hour to go through, even if I've just been on the day before...and if I've taken the weekend off or something, ugh! Then I figure out which fires need put out for the day...freelance work, ddb work, what deadlines I have, etc. This makes every day unique, because there is always something different that needs to be done...

As for the latest on Rocky, he's a nice man...and I think if him needing to foot his share of the bills were not an issue, we'd still be together. But that is a big issue in life, and so we need to go our separate ways.

Speaking of which...if anyone rich ever needs to find a good outlet for their money (besides DDB, of course!) send someone over to clean my house...make my dream come true. haha. A small dream, really, huh?

No comments: