Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Animal Rescue Angel Tattoo Art, Also Available on Attire and Gifts: $1 to DDB



Purchase Tattoo Art or Art on Gifts & Attire

I must admit I've always been very ambivalent about getting a tattoo...my best friend has several, as do some of my other friends, but it seemed like such a big decision. Even when I was younger and cooler, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

For me, it was about never finding a tattoo that I could really commit to for life. LIFE. That's a long time to be 'with' something on your body, when we are always reinventing ourselves, changing, growing.

I got the idea that maybe if I created a tattoo that really meant something to me, it would be something I could be proud to wear for life. The tattoo I was most tempted by in the past was a black and white angel. As I thought about that tattoo and the fact that we are all angels for the animals in our rescue work, the idea for the Animal Rescue Angel tattoo came into being. I spent quite a few hours researching different looks, drawing, reworking...until I finally felt it had 'arrived' at it's perfect destination.

I plan to place this tattoo on my inner left wrist. I'm honored if other animal rescuers like it enough to license it for their own personal tattoo. If you are in rescue, you are most definitely an angel for the animals, and have probably saved countless dogs/cats from certain death, either along the highway, in a shelter, or dying abandoned and alone in a backyard. Tossed carelessly aside by members of our society that either don't know, don't care, or turn a blind eye to what becomes of the animals.

I salute you. I am proud of you, for I know how difficult it is to have a houseful of animals, all needing more than you have to give. To feel like you just can't do it a moment longer, but yet you do because you are all they have. You are their only chance.

When I look at my Animal Rescue Angel tattoo, I will not only be lifted up by the contributions I've made for the animals, but I will be saluting each and every one of you who also work so tirelessly for them.

You are appreciated!


Purchase Tattoo Art or Art on Gifts & Attire

No comments: