Monday, May 15, 2006

Dang, Time Flies!

I can't believe it's been a week since I blogged...my, how time flies! Meanwhile, I look like hell...must be some kind of astrological thing where I'm extra accident-prone all of a sudden, because I currently have a black eye and a scrape on my face...from two separate incidences, both involving the same rotten rottie.

First, he's now decided to pee everywhere, after two weeks of being very good, not sure what's up with that...so I was trying to show him where he peed on the entertainment center so I could tell him, "no, pee outside," and I slammed my head against the corner of it, cutting my browline, and blood was pouring out everywhere.

I panicked! I felt bad because it was just me and the kids there, and I knew I was scaring them...but I started freaking out, there was so much blood...after I got up to the bathroom sink and got some cold water on it, I saw it was a very small gash, and felt like an idiot...

Then, a couple of days later, mother's day morning actually, the same dog scraped his paw across my face, so now I have a brush burn on the opposite cheek. I also almost wrecked into a lady who had her turn signal on but didn't turn...yikes!

Maybe I'm just so stressed about trying to make Chain Off work, that I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing. Last night I dreamed that I convinced Howard Stern to chain himself out for two days, but then the contest started and I didn't have any doghouses, or chains, or contestants...and I was going outside and just grabbing doghouses and bringing them in from people's yards...and grabbing contestants from people just walking by...ugh.

On the bright side, I had a wonderful Mother's Day. The kids took me out to breakfast, used their own money to pay for it, which I really enjoyed. Then we went to the batting cages, and played mini golf before dropping them at their dad's. It was funny, everytime they started to bicker (Rocky was there too, and I might as well have a third child) I would say, "I intend to have harmony on Mother's Day." (I've been listening to Wayne Dyer's cd's on intention, very good!) Well, everyone would calm down then, so I was really happy it was working.

Then, while playing mini golf, Brynnan had a meltdown (she's only six) because she wasn't getting 2's on every hole. She was crying and having a fit, and I said "I intend to have harmony on Mother's Day." She continued to sob, saying through her tears, "I don't even know WHAT harmony IS!" haha. THAT was funny!

No comments: