Monday, April 17, 2006

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

My boyfriend and I are breaking up...after many failed attempts to make it work for the past two years. Yesterday was the moving out day, Easter...what a joy! It was also the day of crying (him), begging (him again), and bitching (you guessed it, me). Turns out he says he's going to live in his car...not sure what's up with that or if he'll really follow through. More on that later.

So today I did cry, as I'm working on a new song he wrote just for Dogs Deserve Better. He is very creative, I'll give him that. I'm 'renovating' our presentation video/dvd, which you can buy on our store at http://www.dogsdeservebetter.org/store.html. If you buy it now I'll make sure that you get the new, updated version with the song I'm crying to! I love the music, I think it's very beautifully written, and hopefully will be very moving to others too. I'm working in Flash to combine it with images of chained and penned dogs, not the easiest program in the world to operate. I think it's turning out superbly, all in all. Especially given the fact that I haven't used Flash in forever, and had to relearn it for half of the day to even get going.

I have a speech at Indiana University of Pennsylvania Monday, hence the crunchtime work this week to get our stuff updated. Being a graphic designer, I work to deadline, always have. I keep a constantly revising log in my head of what has to be done next, what can be put off in order to get that done, etc., etc...so this week is the presentation video and our new song, "I Am Unseen", and also work more on the eBay auction and sponsor-hunting... begging more public figures and corporations for sponsorship.

Yesterday I got the guts to ask Jason Reitman, director of Thank You for Smoking, for sponsorship, since he mentioned how much he loves his dogs. He turned me down, but I survived it, which I guess is the important thing! Maybe I should keep a running log of how many rejections we get. It's all a numbers game...until you hopefully hit that one person who had a chained dog as a child and always pitied the poor thing, like my dog Maggie...or grew up next to one and never did anything about it. That will be our sponsor!

No comments: