Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I Am Unseen: A Chained/Penned Dog Presentation

I finished the I Am Unseen song, written by Rocky Shepheard and sung by Heidi Pollyea. I just realized, and this is TRES embarrassing, given that I've just lived with the guy for two years...that I spelled Rocky's name wrong on the song and on the cover art page! Oops...don't you just hate it when someone spells your name wrong? It makes me feel like I'm unimportant...crap. I wouldn't want to do that to anyone, now I feel bad, but don't want to go in and revise it all again...Oh, well, I'll have to do that before I run out the next batch and debut the song on the internet. Oddly enough, he looked at his name when I wrote it, and he didn't say anything (of course, he needs glasses to see and won't admit it). Maybe it's right on the movie file but not on the cover, I hope so.

I really love the song...granted, I've listened to it 10,000 times by now, so maybe I was forced to love it or hate it. I'll be interested to see what others think of it.

You can order it with the rest of our presentation now at our store, the link is above.

Brynnan had me writing love notes back and forth over the weekend. It was fun, and really had me reaching for sweet things to say to her. She wrote this note to me "Wrcing for Dogs Devre Badr is the Bast shing tht afr hapind to me, evind mor van jooping on the vraplen. Love, Brynnan". Which, for you non-six-year-old having parents, translates to "Working for Dogs Deserve Better is the best thing that ever happened to me, even more than jumping on the trampoline." Isn't that just the sweetest thing you've ever heard? Friday she was 'working for DDB', and she created a new piece of art for me to sell on our cafepress store (visit the site to see this), plus Kim had her putting stamps and labels on envelopes, and cutting donation receipts and thank yous...simple things that a child can do. Just goes to show you how making the effort to include children in what you're doing can really make a difference in their lives, really make them feel good about themselves!

No comments: